Does anyone really need a formal living room?? That is always the room that gets neglected, gathers dust, and NEVER gets enjoyed. We decided to redesign our formal living room into a pool/entertainment/bar/game room. I could not be happier with the results! Best decision ever.
I know I wanted to base the color palette around a magnificent Jamie Wyeth print that I adore (Draft Age).
Here’s what I decided to do:
• Get a beautiful slate pool table
• Convert wood burning fire place to gas. It would be too close to the pool table to use for wood burning so gas was a great option.
• Painted walls & woodwork
• Had recessed lighting installed and purchased floor lighting
• New comfy furniture including an awesome kidney-shape couch, bistro table and stools
• Added small “bar” to keep wine, glassware, etc.
• Incorporated a vintage arcade game
Those are the main things I did. We now use the room all the time, both for family time and entertaining. Here are some photos of the complete room.